How Your Dentist in Dearborn, MI Will Help You Treat Your Periodontal Disease
After you have been diagnosed with periodontal disease, your dentist in Dearborn, MI will discuss a treatment plan with you. This treatment plan may include:
- Periodontal Maintenance. Periodontal maintenance appointments are needed for patients with gum disease. These appointments include deep cleaning the pockets formed between the gums and the teeth.
- Bone Grafting. If you have lost bone density, the bone can be replaced with grafts from yourself, another human or other donors.
- Sinus Augmentation. If a bone graft is necessary in the upper jaw, a sinus augmentation may be required. This is also known as a “sinus lift”.
- Ridge Augmentation/Preservation. When a tooth is extracted, the contour of the gums may look uneven. Ridge augmentation/preservation surgery reshapes the gum line, giving it a natural appearance.
- Osseous/Flap Surgery. Over time, periodontal disease causes small pockets to form in the soft and hard tissues. Osseous surgery smooths out the pockets, eliminating the places where bacteria can hide and breed.
- Gum Grafting. Gum tissue can recede due to gum disease. Gum grafting takes soft tissue from another part of the mouth, such as the soft palate, and grafts the tissue to the affected area.
If you need periodontal services, call our dentist in Dearborn, MI, at (313) 915-5588 for advanced technology periodontal treatments!